3/7/11

Hello England

Haven't been writing in a while! I don't have internet in my apt so every time I want to go online I have to sit in the staircase...not very comfortable i have to say...!

Anyway...so what has happened since the last time I wrote? A lot...

I went to England for 2 weeks after my exams, for some well deserved holidays. I completely fell in love with Brighton! The atmosphere is really cool, you find people with all kind of styles, there is urban art everywhere and you can find all kind of stuff in the little shops in the southern and northern lanes.

My favorites were the second hand shops and the flea market in the northern lanes, I was walking around for hours and hours watching old jewelry, clothes and all kind of imaginable little things, from old black and white photos to ice-skates.


It was raining almost all the time too, so that defienetly helped for the whole "being inside second hand shops" thing... raining in England? Unexpected, i know...



Casette Lord leaving his sign all over Brighton (Who is he? interview here)

Hammer in hand helping Aaron throwing down walls :)

I also helped my friend (who I met in a bus on our way from Delhi to Manali in India, almost a year ago) with his new house that he's renovating! :) fun times!

I really enjoyed London too....my favorite area is definetly Camden! It reminds me of where I used to live in New York, East Village...

Camden Market

On the door to Costas Café in Camden....really? no monkeys are used in the making of their coffee??
Good to know...i guess?

As soon as i got to London i went to the bar where my cousin Denise works and started drinking pints of beer at 4pm with some crazy aussies...guess who was drunk as hell at 2am?? I think I had about 14 pints of beer....haha!

My lovely cousin Denise putting me another pint of beer :)

Haha smile!! :)

I really enjoyed walking around the small streets in Soho too. Was trying to avoid the too touristy areas, I'm really bad on doing the tourist stuff...
Cute little shop,
in Soho, they were about to shoot a viral when i passed by, and invited me to have a look in the shop :) They have the most amazing dresses!

One of the days I dragged myself to watch the London Eye, Leicesester Sq (Even the museum!!) the parks and, the Big Bang and the castle...but i got it done in couple hours :P Enjoyed Leicester Sq most!


Sushiiiii!!!

A real entrepreneur selling disposable cameras in Leicester Sq :)

Free hugs and some dancing :)


Pretty cool plastic shoes! Melissa Dreams


Canaria soy bailo salsa con reggueton!!! :)

I had couple fun nights out in Camden with two israel friends, they took me to The Hawley Arms, LOVED it!

I will have to go back again...but i have to say it wasn't love at the first sight with London...it was with Brithon, same as with NY...but London hasn't got my heart yet...the city will have to work a little bit more for my love :P


No comments:

Post a Comment